Frequently Asked Questions
What is included in my kit?
- An electric pump
- Sleeping bags in your colour selection
- Sleeping bag liners
- Fitted sheets
- Disco ball/Projector
- Sleep Stars mugs and hot chocolate kits
- Simple instructions and kit list for an easy pack up.
How will my kit be packaged?
Kits will arrive in two separate boxes. Box sizes will depend on size of kit ordered.
How long will it take me to set up?
Around twenty minutes on average.
Are there any rules?
Just a couple!
We’d ask that you treat our products with respect and although we understand there’s fun to be had, please avoid nail polish, glitter, pens and slime near the beds as these are very hard to remove and would result in your security deposit not being returned. We would ask that beds are only set up in a smoke free house, any beds that are returned with smoke odours will need to be replaced and you would therefore loose your security deposit.
How much room is needed?
Airbeds measure 1.85m x 76cm each so you can multiply this by the amount you’re putting out to see how much space is required. You don’t need any additional space over and above this.
How is the kit cleaned between uses?
All our bedding is professionally laundered after every hire.
Should I wash any of the bedding?
There is no need to wash anything unless there have been any major accidents. Just pop it back in the box after use and we will do the hard work! If any items are heavily soiled please contact us before sending back.
What happens if something gets broken or damaged?
You pay a security deposit on your hire. If everything is returned to us in good condition, this will be refunded within 48 hours of us receiving your kit. If any items are missing or damaged, the cost of replacement will be removed from your security deposit.
What days do you deliver/collect on?
We deliver on a Wednesday and collect on a Monday. If you would like delivery or collection outwith these days please contact us.
What if I'm not going to be at home on delivery/collection day?
Please book your delivery to arrive and be collected from somewhere there will be someone available. A work place or neighbours house is suitable if you’re not at home. On your delivery day, the courier will contact you with a time slot. If you miss your delivery or collection, this may incur charges from the courier which would be removed from your security deposit.
Where do you deliver to?
We deliver all over mainland UK. We do not accept orders outside England, Wales and some areas of Scotland*, this applies to Scottish Islands (HS1-19, IV40-51, IV55-56, KA27-28, KW15-17, PA20, PA41-49, PA60-78, PH42-44, ZE1-3), Southern Ireland, Northern Ireland, Channel Islands, Isle of Scilly, Isle of Man.
What age are the kits suitable for?
Kits are suitable for from ages 4 and up.
How does payment work?
We ask you to pay a £50 security deposit to confirm your booking. This deposit is returned to you within 48 hours of your kit being returned to us without any damage or missing items. Damaged or missing items will forfeit your deposit.
Full hire payment is due two weeks before your hire is due to arrive. Bookings made with less than two weeks’ notice will require to be paid in full (plus security deposit) on booking.
What is your cancellation policy?
- If you cancel with more than four weeks’ notice, you will receive a 50% refund of your security deposit.
- If you cancel with less than four weeks’ notice, you will not receive any refund of the security deposit.
- If you have paid your final balance and wish to cancel within two weeks of your hire, you will receive a 50% refund of your full payment and full deposit refund.
- If you have paid your final balance and wish to cancel with more than two weeks until your hire, you will receive a full balance refund plus 50% of your hire fee
- Unfortunately we cannot issue any refunds within 48 hours of your hire date as your items may have already shipped.
What’s the difference between a Sleep Stars kit and a Wigwam or Teepee hire company?
- Price. Wigwams and Teepee’s require a lot of set up time which has to be done by the company themselves and therefore come in at a premium cost.
- Space – A Sleep Stars sleepover set up takes up significantly less space in your home due to the lack of tents.
- Size of beds – Some WigWam and Teepee companies have an age limit due to their bed size. Sleep Stars provide full size airbeds
- Geographical Coverage – Due to set up needing to be done by the Wigwam or Teepee company, they can only cover specific areas and may need to charge for travel costs.
- Time – Wigwams and Teepees are usually up from when they are delivered to when they are collected. With a Sleep Stars kit, you can choose when you want to set up and tidy up your sleepover area.